Society of Women Engineers
Do you find yourself putting off difficult conversations because you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings or you are afraid of an unpleasant confrontation? The ability to have difficult conversations is essential to effectiveness as a leader and is a necessity for all professionals navigating changing market conditions.
What might happen if you reframed the concept of conflict as an opportunity for collaboration?
• Disagreements could be addressed in a timely manner
• Colleagues could know their strengths and areas for development
• We could establish healthy boundaries for how we expect to be treated
No matter where you are in your career, you can benefit from this interactive session. Participants can expect to learn:
• A step-by-step approach to difficult conversations
• Common mistakes to avoid
• How to use honest, respectful discussion to build relationships